I'm an author now.
In August 2021, I wrote on my blog that I was writing a book on building web APIs with FastAPI. I have written this follow-up blog post informing you that I have completed my debut book.
O porrr, my author
Pls, I saw shege while writing this book. I've been writing technical articles and documentation for four years, and I kid you not, writing a book isn't as straightforward as a technical article.
I'm a skilled technical writer, and I wrote most of my published articles you see on the internet in half an hour to an hour. Indeed, I thought it'd be the same for the book, but I was wrong. I spent days writing a paragraph - ridiculous.
The timeline for this book was five months from September, but I wrote the last draft on the ninth month from the initial draft submission date.
It's a wonderful process.
The editorial team is the best I've worked with in an extended period ( the best remains Matt from LogRocker ). Mostly, the editor's feedback is just style fixes, suggestions and minor details, and for a first-time author, it's an exciting feat for me.
What the book covers
In bullet points, this is what the book covers:
- Set up a FastAPI application that is fully functional and secure
- Understand how to handle errors from requests and send proper responses in FastAPI
- Integrate and connect your application to a SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB) database
- Perform CRUD operations using SQL and FastAPI
- Manage concurrency in FastAPI applications
How about you find out in-depth what the book covers by getting the book?
Getting the book
After all my wahala and sleepless nights, I think it's just proper that you get the book and read it. Sapa ti hook mi atm so I mean, mo le lo some money.
Translation: I'm currently being held hostage by the lack of money. Some money won't be wrong.
The book becomes available to the public from the 29th of July and can be purchased as either an eBook or paperback on Amazon.
I'm happy to sign your paperback copies if you get them :D.
I want to say thank you to:
- My amazing family for everything.
- The fantastic team at Packt.
- My best friends because what will I do without them?
- Biodun for best in friendship, turning up, advice and all-rounder everything.
- Favour, for answering occasional questions and always being there tbh.
- Precious, for introducing me to FastAPI.
- Bolaji, for showing up whenever.
- Ademola and Shedrack, for the encouragement every time.
- Mercy, for her constant encouragement and prayers.
- Aisha, for her constant encouragement and hypes.
- Everybody, for their support :D.
Please buy my book: Click me to buy Abdul's book.